Terms & Conditions
Information about us
We are KL Visions Limited. We operate Kibooku. We are a limited liability company registered in Scotland with registered number SC400968 and with our registered office at Johnstone House, 52-54 Rose Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1HA.
Registration and Security
You can only access our Site by registering as a member. We operate a two-tier registration and log-in system which requires both parent and child log-in details.
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice (for more information see below under 'Site changes'). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
Kibooku users provide their real names and information (including credit card information). Additionally, here are some commitments you agree to make in relation to registering and maintaining the security of your child's Kibooku account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the Site, or create an account for anyone other than yourself and your children;
- You will not create more than one personal profile. One adult profile may host multiple child accounts;
- If we disable your account, you will not create another account without our written permission;
- You will not permit any child under the age of 6 to use the Site;
- You will not create an account or use the Site if you are a convicted sex offender or have been involved in any criminal activity involving harm to children of any kind whatsoever;
- You will keep your contact information correct and up-to-date;
- You will treat your password as confidential. You will not disclose your password to any third party, let any third party access your account or do any other act which may jeopardise the security of your and/or your child's account;
- You will not transfer your account to anyone; and
- If you select a username for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim that username should we consider it to be appropriate to do so (for example, in the event of a claim by a trademark owner about a username which does not closely relate to that user's real name).
You are responsible for making arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your computer and/or hardware and/or internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (as relevant).
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the material at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material published on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- Death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our Site
To complete the Kibooku user registration process, you must pay a nominal monthly subscription fee to Kibooku by making an online credit or debit card payment via the Site, or by other payment methods advertised on the Site from time to time.
When subscribing to use our Site, you will be required to provide accurate payment details and you warrant that the payment details provided on subscription are valid and correct. You confirm that the debit/credit card you use belongs to you or that you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the card to use it.
The activation of your Kidsbook account subscription occurs as soon as, or a few moments after a valid transaction has been completed (successful online transaction).
Upon expiry of your month's subscription, you will be sent an email requesting re-validation of your personal and payment details in order to continue your subscription for a further period of one month. Monthly subscription and validation measures are in place to enhance your child's online security.
You may cancel your subscription at any time, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last monthly payment made.
For overseas users or for users whose credit or debit card is not denominated in GBP, the actual price charged to the user will be subject to the exchange rate applied by the user's credit or debit card company on the day they process the transaction.
Uploading material to our Site
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with the Content Standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, their right to privacy, or any other legal right which we consider reasonable.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Site.
We have the right to edit or remove any material or posting you make on our Site for any reason (including if we believe this material or posting does not comply with the Content Standards).
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm children in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We provide interactive services on our Site (including, for instance, the interactive chat facility) ('Interactive Services').
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Services provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of the Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a child is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Services that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Children who are using any Interactive Services should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate any Interactive Services, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site ('Contributions'), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the Content Standards as well as the letter. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Contain any advertising or promote any goods or services.
- Be a complaint about faulty items or customer services. If you would like to raise any such complaints, please do so by contacting us. Contact details can be found on our contact page.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of reasonable suspicion of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please contract us via our contact page.
Links to other sites
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. These links do not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. Similarly, we cannot give any undertaking that items you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our Site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Our customer complaints policy
Thank you for visiting our Site.